Crisis Centre North Bay is a non-profit charitable organization providing residential and non-residential programs in the Nipissing, Parry Sound and Muskoka Districts.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director the Finance Manager ensures compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements. Manages and monitors day to day financial operations within the organization (payroll, invoicing, payables and other transactions). Prepares monthly and quarterly reporting for the Executive Director, Board of Directors and funding bodies, is responsible for developing annual budgets and reporting on such. This position will manage the organization’s financial account, monitoring, and reporting systems as well as having primary supervisory oversight of the Administration office and its staff.
• A University degree or college diploma in Business Administration/Accounting or related discipline with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in a financial management position, preferably within a non profit.
• Good working knowledge of accounting principles and regulations for Canada within non profits.
• Strong computer skills, must be fluent in Excel, having knowledge of Sage 300 AccPac would be an asset.
• Experience in audit preparation, preparing statements for audit, making year end adjustments and experience being the lead on audit would be considered an asset.
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to meet strict deadlines with strong time management skills.
• Experience working within a unionized environment is an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to create an inclusive and welcoming employment environment that values each individual; respects their values, preferences and unique abilities.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated time management skills which includes effectiveness with concurrently organizing, planning and coordinating several operational activities.
• Demonstrated ability to establish courses of action for self, be self-aware, understand your need for training and initiate training; always being willing to learn.
• Bilingualism would be considered an asset.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Crisis Centre North Bay provides a comprehensive Benefit Package.
E-mail or mail Cover letter and detailed resume to:
P.O. Box 1407
North Bay, ON P1B 8K6
Closing date: September 6/21
We are committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices – Please notify the above if you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process or require recruitment documents in French.