Housing and Homelessness Programs
Resource Person: Casual Part Time
Crisis Centre North Bay is looking for energetic, independent professionals with strong leadership qualities to work in our Housing and Homelessness Programs on a casual part-time basis. The Housing and Homelessness Programs provide accommodation as well as referrals and wrap around services from community partners to promote housing stability and wellness for individuals and families who are experiencing short term or chronic homelessness and/ or fleeing a domestic violence situation. These programs consist of all shelter services of Crisis Centre North Bay which includes the Four Elms Residence, the Northern Pines Low Barrier Shelter and the Northern Pines Transitional Housing Units.
Hours of Operation:
The Housing and Homelessness Programs operate 24 hours per day 7 days a week. As a Resource Person, you could be required to work up to 40 hours per week on a rotational shift schedule that includes days, evenings and overnight shifts.
- College Diploma or University Degree in a relevant social service field
- Residential experience working with persons who may be living with mental health and addictions challenges who are experiencing homelessness or in a DV shelter.
- Exemplary emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and in written format
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment which can be physically demanding
- Knowledge of community resources related to housing, mental health and addictions and financial resources and supports
- Excellent judgement, problem solving skills and strong decision-making ability
- Ability to establish, support and motivate goal setting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to form and maintain strong professional relationships
- Crisis prevention and intervention experience and skills considered an asset
- Suicide intervention training considered an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset
Send cover letter and an updated resume by fax or email to:
Sue Rinneard, Executive Director
Crisis Centre North Bay
P.O. Box 1407
North Bay, Ontario
Thank you for your application. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please advise of any accommodation requirements prior to an interview.