If you are experiencing domestic violence, we can help.
Community Transitional Housing Program
1675 Cassells Street, North Bay ON
Voice: (705) 474-8853
Fax: (705) 474-6888
Hours of operation: Monday - Saturday
*Hours are flexible to meet the needs of the client.
The Community Transitional Housing Program is a bilingual program mandated to assist women and families that are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless, or are victims of domestic violence. Potential clients could be living in the community or in an emergency shelter.
The Community Transitional Housing Worker assists clients by helping them build stable lives through establishing a network of supports within the community. The worker will also provide support in obtaining and/or maintaining safe affordable housing.
Referrals are accepted from all sources, provided the client does not have existing community supports.
The program is voluntary and provides services to clients by identifying, assessing, advocating and /or directing clients to supports within the community.
The services are available throughout the Nipissing District.
- Assists women to identify areas of concern and create an action plan to resolve their immediate housing issues and learn new skills to prevent a reoccurrence of the same situation.
- Provide hands-on assistance with day-to-day life skills (i.e. budget management, housing search, coping skills etc.)
- Safety planning with women and their children
- Linking clients with other community services/resources and assisting them in accessing these services. This may include accompaniment as well as case conferencing with collaborating agencies.
- Advocate on clients behalf with third parties (i.e. landlords, court appearances etc.)
- Ongoing support/follow-up is available for clients as required.
Criteria for Referral:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Women and their children who are victims of domestic violence.