Victims of domestic violence can get help with family court. Call (705 358-9117) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Court Support Worker Program
Voice: (705) 358-9117
Hours of operation: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30am-4:30 pm
Through funding provided by the Ministry of the Attorney General Victim Services Branch, the Family Court Support Worker will provide direct services and support to victims of domestic violence involved in the family court process. Services will help facilitate the victims understanding of, and passage through, the family court process which will include the following items based on the individual circumstances of the client:
- Completion of a needs assessment
- Provide information on the family court process
- Provide assistance in recording the history of abuse in preparation for family court proceedings
- The completion of a safety plan, including safety planning related to court attendance, and referrals for additional risk assessments when and where it is deemed appropriate
- Assistance in navigating the legal aid process
- Support in assisting the client to follow through with requests received from their lawyer
- Debriefing with clients following court appearances, lawyers’ appointments, Family law Information Centre meetings and consultations with duty counsel
- To be referred to specialized services in the community (both domestic-violence specific and culturally relevant services)
- To communicate with criminal court-based services, where appropriate and in accordance with established protocols
- To communicate with other family court-based services and referral sources to ensure a seamless delivery of appropriate information and support.
- At the client’s request, to accompany them to a family court proceeding, where appropriate and resources permit.
To contact us, please call the number above.