The Supervised Access Centre is a safe place to bring your children for visits with your ex-spouse, or their family. It's also a place where you can drop off and pick up your kids when it's time for your ex-spouse to have them, or to get them back to you.
You or your lawyer can call us to set this up. We need a copy of your court order. Keep reading for more detailed info.
Nipissing Supervised Access Centre
1675 Cassells Street, North Bay ON
Voice: (705) 472-0678
Fax: (705) 472-6519
See a Google Map
What is Supervised Access?
- The Nipissing Supervised Access Centre is a program funded by the Ministry of the Attorney General. When parents separate, access visits with children may be a problem. Sometimes, difficulties arise at the time of the exchange of the child between the parents, or between a relative, such as a grandparent. Other times, there may be concerns about the visits themselves.
- The Nipissing Supervised Access Program offers separated families a way to deal with some of these problems. Supervised Access Centres provide a setting where visits and exchanges can take place under the supervision of trained staff and volunteers.
The Centre provides a safe, child focused environment in which trained staff and volunteers:
- Supervise court ordered visits between access parent/family member and their children.
- Supervise court ordered and voluntary exchanges where there is unresolved conflict between the separated parents.
Who is eligible?
- Services are available to all families residing within the District of Nipissing. Wards of the Children's Aid Society or Crown Wards are not eligible for this service. There is an annual service fee for each party, payable at intake and annually thereafter.
- Supervised Visits: referrals for court ordered visits will be accepted through the client or their lawyer. A copy of the client's court order specifying access must accompany referrals.
- Supervised Exchanges: requests for court ordered or voluntary exchanges will be accepted through the client, or their lawyer.
- To ensure that the visit/exchange is a positive experience for all involved, both parties must meet individually with the Access Centre's staff before the actual start date of the visit/exchange.
North Bay - 1675 Cassells Street
Mattawa - 800 John Street
Sturgeon Falls - 131 Michaud Street
Hours of operation:
|North Bay||4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Mattawa||Alternate 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Sturgeon Falls||9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
Office location: 1675 Cassells Street, North Bay
Office hours: Wednesday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Please direct all inquiries/referrals to 472-0678